30 Things I’ve learned about myself in my 30 years.
After sitting down thinking through 30 things I’ve learned about myself (and life in general), I came to realize that I know a lot more than I thought I did. I also realized that there’s a lot left out there for me to discover.
Something that has really hit home for me this year has been the fragility of life. For a while I felt like death was all around me – hovering like a bad smell that you just couldn’t shake. Losing one person after another in quick succession takes its toll on a person – and on a family.
Today though, I feel lighter. Happier. More in tune with life.
So here you have it folks, 30 things about me that you might or might not know.
I could’ve kept going on this list and expanded on each one of these things. I also could’ve been more cute and quirky.
But, I went for “Just Cass” here.
PS I really wanted to put “I’m Sexy and I know it!” as #31 but have refrained…kind of! Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle…
My Top 30
1. I’m a happy person by nature.
2. Momma taught me well – too well.
3. My most vivid memories always include food.
4. The maximum always becomes the minimum.
5. Music is like breathing.
6. My Dad was always right.
7. Photography is magic.
8. I cry, but I’m not a cry baby.
9. I secretly want to learn to two-step with an old, grizzled cowboy.
10. Kite surfing is next on my bucket list.
11. Grandma Roma is my soul mate.
12. My childhood best friends still have my heart.
13. I have crazy dreams that lead to brilliant stories when I’m awake – this is cool.
14. I love people.
15. Exercise is my religion.
16. I am team-focused and love winning (at work and at play).
17. Country music is in my DNA.
18. I need sunshine.
19. Family is everything.
20. People have amazing stories. I love to hear them.
21. I should’ve been a roofer. Or a golfer.
22. Education is what you get when you read the fine print, experience is what you get when you don’t.
23. I’m a T-shirt & jeans kind of girl
24. My little girl has taught me more about life in the past 5 years than I ever learned in the preceding 25.
25. I like being strong.
26. I was destined to marry a guy called Tex.
27. My girl and guy friends allow me to remain Cassie – simply, me.
28. If I could have one superpower it would be to speak & comprehend every human language.
29. I love Mexican Food. Okay, I love food full-stop!
30. San Diego & Auckland are both home to me.